Updated July 16, 2021
Effective July 1, 2021, the travel suspension has been lifted on university-sponsored or grant-funded travel within the United States for faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated with a World Health Organization approved vaccine. Domestic travel includes research trips, conferences, immersion trips, volunteer or work programs, service learning, fellowships, or professional development activities.
Domestic travel by non-vaccinated employees with a university-approved medical or religious exemption are being considered on a case-by-case basis. To request an exemption, please complete the Travel Exception Request Form.
Non-vaccinated faculty and staff must follow CDC protocol upon return from travel:
- Receive a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- If the test result is negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If the test result is positive, contact LMU’s COVID Support Team and isolate to protect others from getting infected.
- If no test is taken, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, regardless of testing status.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; contact LMU’s COVID Support Team, isolate, and get tested if symptoms develop.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
As circumstances around the COVID-19 pandemic continue to evolve, LMU will update its travel guidance in accordance with the latest public health orders. LMU’s travel guidance is subject to change based on guidance and requirements issued by the CDC, state of California, or Los Angeles County. This guidance is effective until further notice and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
International Travel (Suspension Extended)
In alignment with guidance from public health authorities, and, so that we may have the best chance to return healthy in the fall, all university-sponsored international travel is suspended through August 2021. This suspension includes study abroad, programs with international components, research trips, conferences, immersion trips, volunteer or work programs, service learning, fellowships, or professional development activities. LMU will continue to evaluate restrictions and recommendations from the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization, and update our policies accordingly.