Healthy Tips During Spring Break Travel
With spring break upon us, we want to remind all students, faculty, and staff to stay safe as we continue to monitor and respond to the worldwide spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. While there are still no confirmed cases at LMU, this remains a rapidly developing situation. LMU is working diligently to safeguard the health and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website for the latest information and guidance.
Health Tips During Spring Break
As you head out for the break, here are some ways to keep yourself healthy and to avoid illness:
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60 percent alcohol);
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your bent elbow or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces;
- Get a flu shot;
- Consider an elbow bump or footshake instead of a handshake when greeting colleagues and friends.
Student Health Services (SHS) notes that seasonal occurrences of respiratory illnesses and flu are heightened. Students experiencing symptoms should contact SHS at 310.338.2881 prior to visiting the Health Center or going to an urgent care facility afterhours; faculty and staff should contact their health care provider.
On March 3, LMU restricted all university international travel for students, faculty, and staff through April 12, 2020. We continue to evaluate conditions abroad and will provide further guidance as appropriate