L.A. City Ordinance for University Events
Effective November 4, 2021.
In accordance SafePass LA and the L.A. County Health Officer Order, LMU requires that external guests be fully vaccinated* and provide proof of vaccination prior to entering any and all of the following events and activities hosted by LMU (on or off campus):
- Indoor events with external guests serving food or beverages
- Indoor performances of any kind
- Exhibition halls and indoor gallery exhibits
- Indoor athletics competitions and events
- Membership to Burns Recreation Center
- Indoor fitness classes
- Outdoor events with 5,000+ guests
Individuals who are not vaccinated because of a medical condition or restriction, sincerely held religious belief, or are not yet eligible to receive the vaccine are only permitted to participate in the listed indoor activities or events if an outdoor option is not available and if they provide proof of a negative COVID test**. Note: This exception does not apply to Burns Recreation Center membership.
Individuals participating in those events or activities may upload proof of their vaccination or negative test using the Lion Health Check, which will yield a unique clearance message (green VAX or TEST) indicating that the individual has uploaded proof. Hosts may utilize those clearance messages or may choose to require guests to show proof of their vaccination record or test at the door of the event (including hard copy or digital record).
Guests over 18 year of age must provide valid Lion Health Check clearance or proof of vaccination/negative test AND an original or copy of an identification card (driver’s license, government issued ID, school or work ID or passport) before entering the activity or event.
Note: the green CHECK may not be accepted for guests participating in any of the listed indoor activities as the green check is generated when a visitor attests to vaccination or testing as opposed to providing proof of vaccination or testing.
For guests who arrive without proof of their vaccination record, they may use any of the following resources to retrieve their digital vaccination records:
- cdph.ca.gov – if vaccinated in California
- healthvana.com – if resident of L.A. County (including Pasadena and Long Beach) who has received at least one dose of vaccine (regardless of where they were vaccinated) and anyone who has received at least one dose in L.A. County (regardless of where they live)
- carbonhealth.com – if vaccinated by the L.A. City Fire Department
- VaxYes, CLEAR Health Pass, and Common Pass are other forms of digital vaccination records that can be used as proof of vaccination in L.A. County.
Individuals who do not present proof of vaccination or negative result in accordance with this protocol and the City of Los Angeles Ordinance may not be permitted to participate in the listed activities. No exceptions.
*Per Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, you are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after:
- You got a Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You got a second dose of a Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You finished the series of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO).
**If providing a negative test result, it must either be:
- PCR test taken within three (3) days of the event or two (2) days if attending a mega event, OR
- Antigen test taken within one (1) day of the event.
Students and LMU employees are not required to provide proof at the event door, since their vaccination records have already been reviewed and approved, and testing for those with exceptions is monitored closely by the COVID Testing Team.