Update to Students Regarding Housing Interest Deadline
Community Advisory | 07.2.2020
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Fall 2020 Updates Forthcoming
Due to the surge in coronavirus spread and impacts in L.A. County and nationally, LMU is exploring additional responsive measures and alternatives for the fall semester in alignment with guidance from elected officials and public health authorities. The university will provide further updates about our fall reopening plans by the end of next week.
Housing Interest Deadline Approaching on July 6; Cancellable to July 31
For students who wish to live in university housing in the fall, please acknowledge the updated License Agreement through your 2020-21 On-Campus Housing application by July 6 at 5 p.m. By acknowledging your continued interest in housing this fall, you are assisting us with essential planning for your health and safety and the reopening of student housing. While we understand these are important decisions amid evolving circumstances, you may decide to cancel your student housing, if assigned, until July 31. All fall 2020 housing charges to your student account will be reversed and your deposit will be returned if you cancel by July 31. We appreciate your continued understanding as we evaluate options, informed by your responses. Please contact Student Housing at email@example.com or 310.338.2963 for more information.
A-Z Index Provides Quick Answers
In an effort to provide quick answers to common questions regarding LMU's response to COVID-19, the LMU Coronavirus website now features a new A-Z resource. The website is being updated regularly with the latest information. If you receive an outside inquiry and can't find the answer on the website, please contact the COVID-19 Response Team.
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
The university will continue to share more information as appropriate.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Career and Professional Development (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)