Update to Faculty and Staff Regarding Student Housing
Community Advisory | 06.26.2020
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
LMU continues to work with public health authorities to develop the university’s plan to reopen student housing for fall 2020. The health and safety of our students remains our priority as we aim to provide the best student experience possible while reducing density in housing and on campus density. All apartments, suite-style buildings, and traditional residence halls will be open, however, overall occupancy will be reduced. We will utilize university-owned, off-campus housing to accommodate students in single or double rooms and McKay Hall, a suite-style residence, will be closed and reserved for COVID-19 isolation and quarantine purposes.
LMU continues to monitor the global, national, and regional coronavirus pandemic to safeguard the well-being of our community. In alignment with guidance from public health authorities, all university-sponsored international travel is suspended through December 2020 and the university will not host international exchange visitors for the 2020-21 academic year. This suspension includes Study Abroad, programs with international components, research trips, conferences, immersion trips, volunteer or work programs, service learning, fellowships, or professional development activities. LMU will continue to evaluate restrictions and recommendations from the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization, and update our policies accordingly.
To support physical distancing, many campus spaces typically used for events and meetings will be repurposed as classrooms. Conference and Event Services will soon communicate with impacted event hosts. Further guidelines for in-person gatherings outside the classroom are forthcoming.
Due to delays in receiving and processing payments submitted via mail, Student Financial Services encourages students and authorized users to utilize the Student Account Center to set up electronic payment methods to ensure deadlines are not missed. The Student Account Center is a secure 24/7 online portal that allows students and authorized users to view account activity and electronic bills, make payments, set up payment plans, schedule payments, and set up direct deposit for refunds. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
If faculty or staff are asked to work on campus, but they face health-related concerns or work restrictions, they should consult the Human Resources benefits team for reasonable accommodation guidance. Read more here.
In an effort to provide quick answers to common questions regarding LMU's response to COVID-19, the LMU Coronavirus website now features a new A-Z resource. The website is being updated regularly with the latest information. If you receive an outside inquiry and can't find the answer on the website, please contact the COVID-19 Response Team.
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
- Campus Remains Closed and Remote Work Extended Through July 31
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Working Through COVID-19 | Important Information from Human Resources
- Keep Teaching Wherever You Are | Important Information from ITS
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)