Update to Faculty and Staff Regarding Remote Work Extended Through July 31
Campus Remains Closed and Remote Work Extended Through July 31
Faculty and staff should remain home through July 31, 2020 as LMU campuses continue to be closed. The university continues to receive guidance from public health authorities that inform our implementation of workspace safety protocols and the phased reopening of our campuses. We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as the university navigates changing requirements that aim to safeguard the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
As Human Resources finalizes LMU’s Safe at Work Plan, detailed updates will be shared in the coming weeks. Highlights of the plan include:
- Mandatory self-checks for symptoms will be required prior to arriving on our campuses for all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and guests. All campus residents must follow the same protocols prior to leaving their residence;
- Guidelines for testing, reporting exposure and positive tests, and contact tracing;
- Guidelines for use of shared spaces, hand sanitizing, and maintaining personal workspaces;
- Commitment to staying at home or leaving work when not feeling well or after a known exposure.
- Guidelines for preparing and monitoring safe workspaces, including occupancy limits and scheduling, appropriate space for physical distancing, and use of shared spaces.
- Face coverings, along with instruction on proper use, will be provided to all students, faculty, and staff;
- Sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer will be distributed to departments;
- Details on centralized purchasing processes for face coverings, sanitary wipes, hand sanitizer, and other COVID-19-related resources or PPE.
- Training resources are being developed to support the return to campus.
If faculty or staff are asked to work on campus, but they face health-related concerns or work restrictions, they should consult the Human Resources benefits team for reasonable accommodation guidance. Read more here.
A-Z Index Provides Quick Answers
In an effort to provide quick answers to common questions regarding LMU's response to COVID-19, the LMU Coronavirus website now features a new A-Z resource. The website is being updated regularly with the latest information. If you receive an outside inquiry and can't find the answer on the website, please contact the COVID-19 Response Team.
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
The university will continue to share more information as appropriate.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Working Through COVID-19 | Important Information from Human Resources
- Keep Teaching Wherever You Are | Important Information from ITS
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.