Update Regarding LMU Loyola Law School Campus and Online Instruction
Dear LLS Community,
I write to update you on planning related to the quickly developing circumstances related to COVID-19. Please see below for the message from President Snyder.
As noted there, relative to LLS:
- The law school campus will remain open but with reduced hours and streamlined operations.
- LLS courses will continue online, and all LLS events are canceled, through March 31. We are actively evaluating extending that period, including assessing options for the administration of spring semester final exams.
Similar to below:
- Student work-study employees should not report to work and will be paid automatically for their regularly scheduled hours, subject to specific terms and conditions. Further details are forthcoming.
- We have not made a decision regarding Commencement Weekend, but we are actively exploring options and alternatives with additional guidance forthcoming.
- No university-related travel outside of Southern California is permitted at this time.
- Staff should continue reporting to campus next week while we evaluate staffing needs and policies. If you feel sick, please remain home until you are symptom-free. We are aware of LAUSD and other school closures that may impact your ability to work. Working remotely may be an option; otherwise, for now, you should use sick pay and/or vacation. We will soon share new guidance to address working remotely, paid leaves, and other COVID-19 related concerns. Please consult your supervisor or HR with additional questions.
- At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on our campuses. Please check the COVID19 Website for the most up-to-date information.
More specific guidance on these items will be forthcoming in the next several days. As circumstances change and evolve quickly, please stay vigilant in monitoring alerts and updates.
This has been an unprecedented week for our community. Your safety, health, and well-being continue to drive our actions and decisions. I am so proud of the way we have come together to support academic excellence, our students, and our community. In the face of uncertain times, we have demonstrated resilience, professionalism, and compassion.