"Safer At Home" Reminders for Memorial Day Weekend
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
En Español Via Google Translate
‘Safer At Home’ Reminders for Memorial Day Weekend
The university wishes the LMU community a safe and restful Memorial Day weekend. Sunshine and fresh air are an important part of mental and physical wellbeing. Please remember to enjoy the holiday weekend responsibly. The following tips have been curated with guidance from the California State Parks:
- Stay Local: Parking is temporary or restricted at parks across the state, so walking or biking to parks and trails in your neighborhood is a great way to enjoy the outdoors. Refrain from taking road trips to parks or beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Moving: Passive recreation (lounging, sunbathing, picnicking etc.) is still restricted in areas where physical distancing is a challenge. Enjoy the outdoors while walking, running, biking, boating, kayaking, surfing, and more.
- Stay Six Feet Apart: Remember to maintain a physical distance of six feet or more. Face coverings are still required in Los Angeles when outside your home.
- Stay Prepared: As California reopens, rules vary widely between regions. Before you visit, check local regulations for the latest information. Be conscious of closed parking lots and restrooms, restrictions on the use of coolers or BBQs, and other details that require advance planning.
- Stay Clean: Bring soap or hand sanitizer, and always remove your trash.
More guidance is provided by the California Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Los Angeles COVID-19 Resources, and City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks.
Campus Remains Closed
LMU continues to abide by state, county, and city public health mandates:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, essential personnel, and permanent residents from our religious communities.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
The university will continue to share more information as appropriate.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Working Through COVID-19 | Important Information from Human Resources
- Keep Teaching Wherever You Are | Important Information from ITS
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310 338 2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.