Remote Work and Other Reminders for Students, Staff, and Faculty
Faculty and Staff to Work Remotely Through Jan. 23
Out of an abundance of caution and to help facilitate our safe return to in-person instruction on Jan. 24, effective Wednesday, Jan. 4, only faculty and staff who must be on campus to do their jobs prior to Jan. 23 should continue in-person work. Those who believe they can work remotely should do so with manager approval. Campus operations, including campus access, administrative and academic buildings, and campus dining will remain open during this time period. Please contact your supervisor with any questions.
- Do not come to campus or leave your on-campus residence if you feel even the slightest bit sick. Follow these tips and do not return to campus until you obtain a negative COVID-19 test, are fever-free for 24 hours, and your symptoms have improved without the use of medication.
- Fully vaccinated students, faculty, staff, and contractors who are on-campus are strongly encouraged to test weekly; those who are not fully vaccinated are still required to test twice weekly at the on-campus testing center. This requirement applies regardless of the reason or the number of days you may otherwise be on campus. You can schedule an appointment at the Westchester campus here and the LLS campus here.
- Avoid congregating in buildings’ common areas, including shared kitchens and break rooms. You are encouraged to eat outdoors especially when eating
- Conduct meetings remotely via Zoom whenever possible, and avoid serving food or drinks at in-person meetings or events.
- Postpone in-person gatherings, and consider rescheduling events. Indoor event spaces will not be available through Jan. 23.
COVID-19 Booster Requirement
Upload your booster information as soon as possible in Vax LMU using your phone or tablet (remember to check FAQs for any updates regarding further instructions, tips, and resources for accessing your COVID-19 vaccine records). You can find a booster site near you at vaccines.gov. For questions, students should contact email@example.com and faculty and staff should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Return Testing Reminder
If you test positive, self-isolate and please do not travel. Our revised schedule allows you to begin classes remotely and recover in time for the return of in-person instruction on Jan. 24. If you are feeling sick, please stay home and get tested regardless of your vaccination status.
Testing at an L.A. County test site can be scheduled here. COVID-19 testing may also be obtained at pharmacies, through your primary care physician, urgent care centers, and community COVID-19 testing sites.
Additionally, the L.A. County Home Test Collection program is offering free, at-home COVID-19 nasal swab test kits via mail to all L.A. County residents who have experienced COVID-19 symptoms or believe they may have been exposed. These kits are free of charge and can be requested through the program’s website at covid19.lacounty.gov/hometest.
Surgical-Grade Masks Recommended
LMU community members must wear masks indoors on our campuses, including common areas in housing buildings, regardless of vaccination status. You are encouraged to wear your mask outdoors when you are in a crowd or a group of individuals from outside of your household.