Public Health Order Prohibits Parties, Other Gatherings
Community Advisory for Faculty and Staff
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Reopening Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Department of Public Health Issues Legally Binding Order Prohibiting Gatherings
The L.A. County Department of Public Health issued a legally binding health order on Tuesday, prohibiting gatherings and parties of any kind with those outside of your household. Violation of or failure to comply is a crime punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. LMU continues to adhere to all existing county public health orders, including the prohibition of gatherings.
ITS Town Hall for Faculty and Staff | Friday, Aug. 7
All faculty and staff are invited to join us on Friday, Aug. 7, from 11 a.m. to noon for a very informative Zoom webinar on essential tools and resources needed for a successful and productive fall 2020 semester. Learn more here. Please submit any questions or comments here.
LMU Parking Enforcement Resumed August 3
For those with approved campus access, LMU Parking and Transportation resumed enforcement on Monday, August 3. All vehicles must have a current, active permit to park on campus. For those who wish to continue using payroll deductions for parking permits, no action is required. To cancel a parking payroll deduction, please complete this form before Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2020. Please note that if you elect to cancel your parking permit and park on campus, you will need to pay for parking at the daily rate using the campus pay stations or ParkMobile. Please contact the Parking Office for additional assistance.
Reminder: Face Coverings Mandatory While on Campus
Per county mandates, face coverings are required at all times for those approved to be on our campuses. The only exceptions include: those who are by themselves in their own private campus office or residence or while eating or drinking. For more information about acceptable face coverings, please visit LACDPH’s guidelines in English or Spanish.
- Campus Remains Closed with Access Granted to Pre-Approved Essential Faculty/Staff
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Exposure or Confirmed COVID Positive
If you reside or work on campus and have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can provide you with support, take the necessary precautions to limit exposure on campus, and provide guidance for those affected by COVID-19.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)