Halloween Safety Reminders
As Halloween and Dia de los Muertos approach, current public health guidance requires adjustments to how we traditionally celebrate the holidays. Parties and large gatherings remain prohibited by public health order. LMU encourages community members to review holiday guidance from the L.A. County Department of Public Health for further information.
In response to recent surges in new infections, the CDC updated its definition of COVID-19 close contact. The CDC now advises that close contact is “a total of 15 minutes or more, including shorter but repeated contacts that add up to 15 minutes over a 24-hour period.” Previously, the CDC defined close contact as “a solid 15 minutes within 6 feet of a positive case.”
For more details on L.A. County guidelines, please visit Safer at Work and in the Community.
LMU Vote Center
LMU is proud to serve as a vote center in the 2020 general election, and has enacted thorough health and safety protocols to protect voters and on-campus community members. The vote center is located in Roski Dining Hall, and will be open Friday, Oct. 30 – Monday, Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., and 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Face coverings will be required at all times, and social distancing enforced. Face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available, and voters will have the option to utilize curbside voting if preferred.
Please refer to the LMU Vote Center website for further details.
- Campus Remains Closed with Access Granted to Pre-Approved Essential Faculty/Staff
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Exposure or Confirmed COVID Positive
Support Resources and Services
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)