Daily Update With Additional Work From Home Information
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website for the latest information and guidance.
There will be no instruction March 16-20 to provide faculty with additional time to transition courses online and students and their families time to focus on moving out of residence halls. Read the letter for further information.
Please note that we continue to align our decisions with public health guidance during these rapidly changing circumstances, including Governor Newsom’s announcement earlier today. We are trying to reduce community presence on campus as much as possible.
- Please continue to follow additional instructions from your area’s leader or supervisor.
- Faculty and staff may visit campus briefly to collect items left in their offices that are required for their instruction or work as approved by their area’s leader or supervisor. However, visits must be staggered, one-time, and limited.
- All exempt staff that can work from home should do so as much as possible unless they are sick or otherwise unable to work. All non-exempt staff who are home should not work from home unless directed to do so by their supervisors after consultation with Human Resources.
- COVID leave is available for all staff who are unable to work or who have not received direct instructions from their supervisor. COVID leave does not impact sick or vacation leave accruals. For those who are working remotely, nothing changes as you are working, but from an alternate location.
Our campuses are operating with limited services.
- LMU Westchester Main Campus: Operations are reduced to essential services.
- LMU Playa Vista Campus: LMUPVC is closed except to faculty and staff with access. LMUPVC shuttles are temporarily closed. Services will resume when LMUPVC reopens at normal operations.
- LMU Loyola Law School Campus: Operations will be reduced. Members of the LMU Loyola Law school community will receive additional guidance shortly.
LMU Children’s Center will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20.
Mail Distribution Services
The Distribution Center and Campus Business Center will operate during normal business hours the week of March 16; however, regular departmental deliveries and pickups will not occur. If your office requires its mail or parcels for essential business functions, please contact the Distribution Center to coordinate transfer of items at email@example.com or 310.338.2763.
For students, the Distribution Center and Campus Business Center will operate during normal business hours this week to allow for student package and mail pickup. Mail forwarding services will be available. If a student requires a friend or family member to retrieve mail or packages on their behalf, they must send an email to the Mail Distribution Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the individual who will make the pickup. That individual must present a campus OneCard or Government ID to verify their identity. For other questions, please contact 310.338.2763.
Petitions for exceptions to the student housing move-out date of Sunday, March 22, 2020, will be reviewed by the Dean of Students office and granted on an individual basis. Residents petitioning to remain in student housing must submit petitions by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Students who have submitted a Housing Petition to remain will be notified of the decision by Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at noon. Residents approved to continue living in university housing for the remainder of the semester will be housed in university apartments, one per bedroom, to facilitate appropriate social distancing. Students may access the petition form via MyLMU-->Campus Life-->Student Housing Online Services-->Student Housing Online Services-->Application Forms.
The Division of Student Affairs realizes that this is a very challenging time for all students and shares important information regarding Student Housing, Student Employment, Student Psychological Services, and more here.
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.