Daily Update for Students With Information on Credits or Refunds
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Credits or Refunds for Students
In support of our students and families, the university will offer prorated credits or refunds for housing and parking for the remainder of the semester. We are also working with our dining services partner to offer partial credits or refunds. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we determine appropriate ways to calculate and process adjustments. Additional details are forthcoming.
Student Employment Update
The university has decided to suspend all student employment to facilitate social distancing and community well-being. Undergraduate and graduate student employees are not to report to their on-campus employer for the remainder of the spring semester. Student Employment Services (SES) shares the following important updates below. To read the full update, visit the SES website. For specific questions and consultation, contact SES at email@example.com.
- March 27, 2020 Payment – All undergraduate and graduate student employees will be paid on March 27, 2020. Student employees must have an active Student Employment Authorization (SEA) to receive this paycheck and will be paid regardless of their SEA award balance. This paycheck will be a duplicate of the March 13, 2020, paycheck, which reflects hours worked February 23 – March 7, 2020.
- Additional Payment - After the March 27, 2020, paycheck, student employees with SEA balances will receive a lump sum payment on April 8, 2020, to absolve their remaining earnings. The lump-sum payment will be calculated using the March 13 paycheck hours, multiplied by four (the number of pay periods remaining in the semester). However, the lump sum payment will not exceed the SEA award amount.
- Paycheck Distribution for Student Employees – Checks will be deposited for those authorized with direct deposit service. Paper checks can be picked up between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in the Payroll Office, University Hall 1880. The last physical distribution of paychecks will be March 27, 2020.
- If you believe there are major discrepancies in your hours worked February 23 – March 7, or if your SEA balance is negative or low, consult with your supervisor immediately.
Distribution Center Update
The Campus Business Center will close beginning Monday, March 23. Campus residents who need to pick up mail after this date should contact the Distribution Center directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule mail retrieval or arrange for mail forwarding.
The Distribution Center is currently looking into options for re-shipping FedEx and UPS packages to alternate addresses. If a solution is identified, instructions will be posted on the Distribution Center's website.
Distribution Center Special Weekend Operating Hours - The Distribution Center will be open this weekend with limited staffing to facilitate student package pick-up. During these special hours, package retrieval will be the only service offered. Hours will be:
- Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Our campuses are operating with limited services.
- LMU Westchester Main Campus: Operations are reduced to essential services.
- LMU Playa Vista Campus: LMUPVC is closed except to faculty and staff with access. LMUPVC shuttles are temporarily closed. Services will resume when LMUPVC reopens at normal operations.
- LMU Loyola Law School Campus: LLS is closed to all but essential staff.
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Community of Care – 310.338.3756 (students)
- Campus Ministry – 310.338.2860 (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – 310.338.2937 (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – 310.338.3019 (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310.338.2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs – 310.338.1798 (parents)
Campus Access Restrictions
As a reminder, all students, faculty and staff who are sick or have returned from a Level 3 country must remain home and are not permitted on campus. As directed by the CDC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: If you are sick, you must self-isolate for 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days after resolution of fever and symptom improvement, whichever is longer. If you have returned home from a Level 3 country, you must self-quarantine for 14 days from your return even if you do not feel sick. Supervisors and employees should contact Human Resources for further guidance or information as appropriate. Students should contact the Dean of Students office at 310.338.3756 or via email.
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.