Daily Update for Students With Emergency Funds Information
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Emergency Funds for Students in Need
The Lion Emergency Fund provides resources to students with an unforeseen crisis or emergency, which prevents a student's ability to meet basic needs and requires immediate attention. Students may apply for a one-time disbursement by emailing the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com with the specific financial need and request. Please note that the maximum award is $500, but actual amounts will vary based on individual student circumstances and fund availability. We anticipate responses to requests will be made within 3-4 business days.
Campus Access Restrictions
As a reminder, the following access restrictions for the LMU Westchester Main Campus are now in place:
- Campus access is limited to: (1) residents; (2) students and families who are moving out; (3) employees who provide essential services and who have been asked by their supervisor to report to campus.
- The LMU Drive entrance will be limited to active OneCard holders and those assisting students with move-out. The Loyola Boulevard entrance is closed until further notice.
All students, faculty and staff who are sick or have returned from a Level 3country must remain home and are not permitted on campus. As directed by the CDC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: If you are sick, you must self-isolate for 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days after resolution of fever and symptom improvement, whichever is longer. If you have returned home from a Level 3 country, you must self-quarantine for 14 days from your return even if you do not feel sick. Supervisors and employees should contact Human Resources for further guidance or information as appropriate. Students should contact the Dean of Students office at 310.338.3756 or via email.
Distribution Center Updates
- Weekend Hours Canceled - Due to challenges associated with the Safer at Home order, the Distribution Center will NOT be offering special hours as initially planned and will be closed this weekend.
- Mail and packages for on-campus residents – Moving forward, if you receive a notification that your mail or packages have been delivered, please contact the Distribution Center to schedule a pickup time.
Dining Operating Hours (March 23 – 29)
- C-Store Malone: 8 – 11 a.m.
- The Lair: 11 a.m.– 1 p.m.; 5 -7 p.m.
Cancelation of all LMU Summer 2020 Programs that Involve International and Domestic Travel
Given the uncertainty around the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, LMU will be canceling all summer 2020 programs that involve international and domestic travel. This includes:
- Summer programs and faculty-led courses offered through LMU Study Abroad.
- Graduate and undergraduate summer programs offered by colleges and schools that involve international and domestic travel.
- Summer programs and delegations offered by departments/offices/units that involve international and domestic travel.
LMU Study Abroad will be working with students in the coming weeks to refund program fees that may have already been paid and to identify potential summer course alternatives where possible. All other programs will be in contact with participants with additional information and next steps.
Our campuses are operating with limited services.
- LMU Westchester Main Campus: Operations are reduced to essential services.
- LMU Playa Vista Campus: LMUPVC is closed except to faculty and staff with access. LMUPVC shuttles are temporarily closed. Services will resume when LMUPVC reopens at normal operations.
- LMU Loyola Law School Campus: LLS is closed to all but essential staff.
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – 310.338.3756 (students)
- Campus Ministry – 310.338.2860 (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – 310.338.2937 (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – 310.338.3019 (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310.338.2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs – 310.338.1798 (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.