Daily Update for Staff With Information on Remote Work Through March 27
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Faculty and Staff to Remain Home Through March 27
Please note that we continue to align our decisions with public health guidance during these rapidly changing circumstances. Faculty and staff should remain at home the week of March 23 and those who can work from home should do so, subject to exceptions or instructions from their supervisor. Staff should consult with their area’s leader or supervisor if they provide essential support services where their on-campus presence is required.
- Please continue to follow additional instructions from your area’s leader or supervisor.
- All exempt staff that can work from home should do so as much as possible unless they are sick, caring for a sick family member or otherwise unable to work. All non-exempt staff who are home should not work from home unless directed to do so by their supervisors after consultation with Human Resources.
- COVID leave is available for all staff who are unable to work or who have not received direct instructions from their supervisor. COVID leave does not impact sick or vacation leave accruals. For those who are working remotely, nothing changes as you are working, but from an alternate location.
- The university will continue to observe upcoming holidays as planned. Faculty please consult the Academic Calendar and staff please consult the staff holiday calendar for details.
- Please see updates from Human Resources for the most updated information on work, pay, and benefits. Please note that the last distribution for physical paychecks will be on Friday, March 27, 2020 in the Payroll Office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
L.A. County Department of Public Health Updated Guidance
If you feel sick, have been exposed to an individual who is confirmed or presumed to have COVID-19, or are returning from a Level 3 country, you must remain home and are not permitted to return to campus until your self-isolation or self-quarantine period is complete. Read the important guidance from LA County Department of Public Health.
Information Security Reminders
ITS provides reminders to help protect from cyber attackers who are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic by scamming users through phishing attacks that attempt to get you to click on malicious links or open infected attachments. Please adhere to careful information security practices, no matter where you work. For more information, including how to identify malicious phishing attempts, please refer to Keep Working.
Credits or Refunds for Students
In support of our students and families, the university will offer prorated credits or refunds for housing and parking for the remainder of the semester. We are also working with our dining services partner to offer partial credits or refunds. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we determine appropriate ways to calculate and process adjustments. Additional details are forthcoming.
Campus Access Restrictions
As a reminder, all students, faculty and staff who are sick or have returned from a Level 3 country must remain home and are not permitted on campus. As directed by the CDC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: If you are sick, you must self-isolate for 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days after resolution of fever and symptom improvement, whichever is longer. If you have returned home from a Level 3 country, you must self-quarantine for 14 days from your return even if you do not feel sick. Supervisors and employees should contact Human Resources for further guidance or information as appropriate. Students should contact the Dean of Students office at 310.338.3756 or via email.
Our campuses are operating with limited services.
- LMU Westchester Main Campus: Operations are reduced to essential services.
- LMU Playa Vista Campus: LMUPVC is closed except to faculty and staff with access. LMUPVC shuttles are temporarily closed. Services will resume when LMUPVC reopens at normal operations.
- LMU Loyola Law School Campus: LLS is closed to all but essential staff.
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Community of Care – 310.338.3756 (students)
- Campus Ministry – 310.338.2860 (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – 310.338.2937 (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – 310.338.3019 (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310.338.2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs – 310.338.1798 (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.