Daily Update for Faculty With Information on Cybersecurity
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Information Security Alert
The COVID-19 pandemic is being used by hackers to send a large number of cyber-attacks to remote workers via phishing campaigns, spam messages, and social engineering calls. ITS provides the tools and knowledge to proactively recognize these cyber-attacks so that you don’t fall prey. Visit ITS SecureIT and Keep Working to review important steps you can take to stay alert.
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Immigrant and Refugee Angelenos
The Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs has shared COVID-19 Information and Resources for Immigrant and Refugee Angelenos. This document contains helpful information about existing safety net programs and services for immigrant and refugee Angelenos impacted by COVID-19.
Tips for Online Assessments
Easy digital strategies for student assessment, including collecting work, creating Brightspace quizzes and exams, and using browser lockdown and student monitoring tools for high-stakes assessments such as final exams, can be found here.
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310 338 2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs – email@example.com (parents)