Daily Update for Faculty With HR Updates
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
As a result of the Safer at Home orders issued by the state of California, Los Angeles County, and the City of Los Angeles on March 19, Human Resources has updated previously issued important payroll guidance. Previously, HR announced that there would be one last distribution of paper checks on Friday, March 27. This option has been canceled and there will be no distribution of paper checks from this date forward.
HR will make every effort to get paper checks to those not yet signed up for direct deposit. Faculty, staff and student employees should:
Sign-up for direct deposit
- Complete the direct deposit form
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Update mailing address
- Faculty and Staff may use my.lmu.edu > HR Self-Service or call 310 338 2723
- Student employees may contact SES at email@example.com to provide an address for a paper check(s) to be mailed to them.
Sign-up for the ADP Wisely Card: A pay solution that helps staff members move to paperless pay.
- Complete the ADP Wisely Card application
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly recommend employees sign-up for direct deposit, as the impact of coronavirus may change our ability to distribute paper checks.
For any additional questions visit Working Through COVID-19 or email email@example.com.
Campus Access Restrictions
As a reminder, the following access restrictions for the LMU Westchester Main Campus are now in place:
- Campus access is limited to: (1) residents; (2) students and families who are moving out; (3) employees who provide essential services and who have been asked by their supervisor to report to campus.
- The LMU Drive entrance will be limited to active OneCard holders and those assisting students with move-out. The Loyola Boulevard entrance is closed until further notice.
All students, faculty and staff who are sick or have returned from a Level 3 country must remain home and are not permitted on campus. As directed by the CDC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: If you are sick, you must self-isolate for 7 days from symptom onset and 3 days after resolution of fever and symptom improvement, whichever is longer. If you have returned home from a Level 3 country, you must self-quarantine for 14 days from your return even if you do not feel sick. Supervisors and employees should contact Human Resources for further guidance or information as appropriate. Students should contact the Dean of Students office at 310.338.3756 or via email.
Distribution Center Updates
- Revised Operating Hours: Monday-Friday | 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Departmental Mail: Departmental mail must be requested in advance via DCHD@lmu.edu or by calling 310.338.2763.
- Outgoing Mail: Outgoing departmental mail must be delivered to the Distribution Center and deposited in the maildrop boxes located in the waiting area. The outgoing mail deadline is 3 p.m. daily.
- Departmental Packages and Deliveries: If you are expecting packages for your department, please contact the Distribution Center in advance to schedule pick-up time.
Student Employment Update for Student Supervisors
The university has decided to suspend all student employment to facilitate social distancing and community well-being. Undergraduate and graduate student employees are not to report to their on-campus employer for the remainder of the spring semester.
Student Employment Services (SES) shares the following important updates below. To read the full update, visit the SES website. For specific questions and consultation, contact SES at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 27, 2020 Payment – All undergraduate and graduate student employees will be paid on March 27, 2020. Student employees must have an active Student Employment Authorization (SEA) to receive this paycheck and will be paid regardless of their SEA award balance. This paycheck will be a duplicate of the March 13, 2020 paycheck, which reflects hours worked February 23 – March 7, 2020.
- If supervisors believe the hours worked February 23 – March 7 do not adequately reflect the average number of hours per pay period for their student employee, complete the Student Employment Adjustment Form by Friday, March 27, 2020, at 5 p.m.
- If your student employee’s SEA award was exhausted before or on March 27, 2020, they will no longer receive any paychecks. If the department intended to continue paying the student employee after their SEA award was exhausted, supervisors must complete the Student Employment Adjustment Form by Friday, March 27, 2020, at 5 p.m.
- ONLY SUPERVISORS may submit a Student Employment Adjustment Form.
Additional Payment - After the March 27, 2020, paycheck, student employees with SEA balances will receive a lump sum payment on April 8, 2020, to absolve their remaining earnings. The lump-sum payment will be calculated using the March 13 paycheck hours, multiplied by 4 (the number of pay periods remaining in the semester). However, the lump sum payment will not exceed the SEA award amount.
Dining Operating Hours (March 23 – 29)
- C-Store Malone: 8 – 11 a.m.
- The Lair: 11 a.m.– 1 p.m.; 5 -7 p.m.
Cancelation of all LMU Summer 2020 Programs that Involve International and Domestic Travel
Given the uncertainty around the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, LMU will be canceling all summer 2020 programs that involve international and domestic travel. This includes:
- Summer programs and faculty-led courses offered through LMU Study Abroad.
- Graduate and undergraduate summer programs offered by colleges and schools that involve international and domestic travel.
- Summer programs and delegations offered by departments/offices/units that involve international and domestic travel.
LMU Study Abroad will be working with students in the coming weeks to refund program fees that may have already been paid and to identify potential summer course alternatives where possible. All other programs will be in contact with participants with additional information and next steps.
Our campuses are operating with limited services.
- LMU Westchester Main Campus: Operations are reduced to essential services.
- LMU Playa Vista Campus: LMUPVC is closed except to faculty and staff with access. LMUPVC shuttles are temporarily closed. Services will resume when LMUPVC reopens at normal operations.
- LMU Loyola Law School Campus: LLS is closed to all but essential staff.
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you have visited a country affected by COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those returning from international travel to ensure adherence to travel advisories.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – 310.338.3756 (students)
- Campus Ministry – 310.338.2860 (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – 310.338.2937 (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – 310.338.3019 (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310.338.2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs – 310.338.1798 (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.