COVID-19 Holiday Break Reminders
With upcoming holiday travel and gatherings, COVID-19, and the cold and flu season, the following are recommendations to help keep you healthy and help minimize the spread of illness during and after the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Stay home if you feel sick (even if you test negative for COVID-19). Do not return to campus after the holiday if you feel sick or have any cold and flu symptoms, and follow these self-care instructions.
- If you have been exposed to an individual who is positive for COVID-19, wear a mask indoors, get tested, and monitor your health. Find more on self-care instructions here. If you are asymptomatic and test negative, you must wear a mask indoors for 10 days from the last day of exposure, but you do not need to otherwise modify your daily activity.
- If you are traveling or gathering with large groups, taking a COVID-19 test before and after is recommended.
- Consider wearing a mask in accordance with L.A. County’s latest recommendations, especially when you return to campus.
- Consider getting the bivalent COVID-19 booster (you can find a booster site near you at vaccines.gov), if you haven’t done so already, and getting the flu shot (which can lessen your risk of contracting an illness with symptoms often confused with COVID-19). Students can get a flu shot at Student Health Services (SHS) via the MyHealth portal in MyLMU, or by calling 310.338.2881 to schedule an appointment. Students, faculty, and staff can also contact their primary health provider or find a free or low-cost flu shot via the L.A. Public Health influenza resource page.
All are encouraged to get tested once they return from Thanksgiving break. LMU will continue to make at home tests available for free or you can get tested at the on-campus COVID-19 Testing Center; no appointments are required.