Community Advisory With a Reopening Update
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Due to events of the past week, and rapidly changing conditions in Southern California and across the country, we anticipate revised guidance from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LACDPH) shortly. The university will review these updates and revise its reopening plans if necessary to ensure the safety of its students, faculty, and community. We understand that students and families are finalizing their own decisions and seeking answers. This is a fluid situation and we appreciate your continued patience as we work to recalibrate amid uncertainty and respond swiftly to changing circumstances and regulatory requirements. Our next update will clarify our revised approach for instruction, student housing, international students, and provide FAQs and protocols for health and safety. In the meantime, please see the interim updates below.
International Student Update
Our international students are essential members of our LMU family. We are thrilled to report that on July 14, 2020, the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced that they would rescind their divisive policy. We benefit from the diversity of perspectives that drive our creativity and ambitions, and our international students are a rich source of the LMU experience. The Office for International Students and Scholars will share further information as appropriate. We will continue working with our Congressional delegation, colleague institutions, and our advocacy organizations, including AJCU and ACE, to ensure that our international students’ education is not interrupted.
The university announces Lion Health Check, LMU’s symptom check app. Effective immediately, all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors, who are approved for campus access, must submit their Lion Health Check daily before arriving to campus or departing from their on-campus residence. Please submit your Lion Health Check only if you are approved to enter campus.
To access Lion Health Check:
- Open Rave Guardian, LMU’s safety app. Follow these steps to install;
- Select Lion Health on the Rave Guardian homepage;
- Tap the top bar, Lion Health Check (COVID-19 Prescreening Tool);
- Enter your LMU authentication information and follow the prompts to complete the symptom check;
- Lion Health Check may also be accessed here.
Once submitted, you will receive a response either confirming (Green Check), or denying (Red X, with additional information) campus access. You must receive a confirmation to enter campus each day. Human Resources and Public Safety will be notified for those who receive a Red X.
Reminder: Face Coverings Mandatory While on Campus
Per county mandates, face coverings are required at all times for those approved to be on our campuses. The only exceptions include: those who are by themselves in their own private campus office or residence or while eating or drinking. For more information about acceptable face coverings, please visit LACDPH’s guidelines in English or Spanish.
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions. To receive clearance to return to campus, ill individuals must contact the Department of Public Safety at 310.338.2893.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.