Community Advisory on Provost Town Hall
Community Advisory for Students
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Reopening Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Provost Virtual Town Hall for Students and Parents | Wednesday, July 29 at Noon
Executive Vice President and Provost Thomas Poon will host a virtual town hall for students and parents on Wednesday, July 29 from noon—1:15 p.m. The town hall will focus on the following topics:
- Remote Instruction
- Campus Safety and the Fall On-Campus Experience
A large number of students and parents are expected to attend the town hall. To ensure the provost may address questions efficiently and cover as many topics as possible, we ask that you please submit your question in advance here by Sunday, July 26 at 5 p.m. The questions will be ranked and answered in order of popularity. The town hall can be viewed here.
Campus Remains Closed
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. To receive more information and receive clearance to return to campus, ill individuals must contact the Department of Public Safety at 310.338.2893.
The university will continue to share more information as appropriate.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you reside or work on campus and have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those affected by COVID-19.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check LMU's Reopening Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.