Community Advisory on Defined Contribution Retirement Plan and Campus Access
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Reopening Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Updates
The suspension of the employer matching contribution to the Loyola Marymount University Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (“Plan”) as of Sept. 1, 2020 will impact your retirement contributions. Please see the LMU Defined Contribution Retirement Plan FAQs, which include information on important upcoming dates.
Staff Campus Access Period, August 17 – 25
LMU staff may register for a one-hour time slot to access their campus office and pick up essential items necessary for the extended work from home period. Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent with further details, including important safety guidelines and a mandatory training to complete prior to campus arrival.
Reminder: New LMU Campus Access Procedures
The LMU Drive entrance has been reconfigured to designate the right lane for visitors. The left and middle lanes will be designated for LMU community access – those students, faculty, and staff who have been approved to work or live on campus. If you have misplaced your OneCard, or you are a new employee, please use the right-hand visitor lane. A new OneCard tap reader has been installed for each of the two community access lanes. When you approach the gate, tap your OneCard on the reader and the gate will open. The new tap reader confirms that you have been approved to work on campus and will automatically confirm your Lion Health Check submission for the day. Please remember to complete your daily Lion Health Check prior to entering campus. If you come onto campus without a completed submission, or after you received a red “X” on your Lion Health Check, the system will automatically notify your dean/vice president (faculty/staff) or the dean of students (students).
COVID Safety Signage Toolkit Now Available
A comprehensive suite of COVID safety design templates is now available for download on the LMU Reopening website. Signs are available in both 8.5”x11” and 11”x17” formats, and include ready-to-print PDFs as well as Word documents that may be customized to your department’s specific needs.
- Campus Remains Closed with Access Granted to Pre-Approved Essential Faculty/Staff
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Exposure or Confirmed COVID Positive
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)