Community Advisory for Students | 07.24.2020
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Reopening Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Student Employment Update
All currently enrolled students are eligible to work on-campus, remotely or a combination of the two for the 2020-21 academic year. Due to restrictions and guidelines related to COVID-19, several new student employment policies have been established. Supervisors may create Student Employment Authorizations (SEAs) beginning Monday, Aug. 10, 2020. The fall work term will begin Sunday, Aug. 23, 2020. Only students with approved access to campus are permitted to work on-campus while all other enrolled students are eligible for remote work. Supervisors can now post jobs on LionJobs, LMU’s online student job board. FAQs are available on the Student Employment Services website.
LMU Drive Road Construction
For those approved to be on campus, beginning Monday, July 27, road construction will occur on LMU Drive. Only the right lane will be open from Monday through Thursday, which may result in delays. Please abide by all traffic signs and drive slowly through the work zone.
Campus Remains Closed
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions. To receive clearance to return to campus, ill individuals must contact the Department of Public Safety at 310.338.2893.
The university will continue to share more information as appropriate.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
If you reside or work on campus and have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can take the necessary precautions to limit any exposure or provide guidance for those affected by COVID-19.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)