Community Advisory for Faculty and Staff on Campus Access
Community Advisory for Faculty and Staff
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Reopening Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
Campus Remains Closed with Access Granted to Pre-Approved Essential Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff should continue to work remotely until further notice, unless approved to return to campus. We appreciate your patience and recognize the challenges these uncertain times bring you and your families. Due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in California and Los Angeles, public health guidance is frequently changing and the university will continue to modify plans accordingly.
- Los Angeles public health requires that when work can be performed remotely employees should do so.
- Beginning August 1, full-time faculty will be permitted to return to campus to work in their private offices during business hours, Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., if necessary. An approval from Public Safety is not required. There will be additional information outlining the conditions for returning to campus, included in a Campus Access Confirmation email.
- Part-time faculty and staff, if you must come to campus to work or retrieve time-sensitive items, please continue to submit your request to your dean or vice president. At this time, only staff who must be on campus to perform critical and essential functions will be returning to campus and, to the extent operationally possible, others should continue working from home.
- The university has established a comprehensive Safe At Work Plan and Policies that include detailed information for maintaining a safe workplace and requirements that must be met by faculty and staff before returning to campus.
- Faculty and staff returning to campus are required to complete a Safe at Work Training.
- All faculty and staff approved to come to campus are required to complete Lion Health Check each day before arriving at campus. Please have your Lion Health Check confirmation (in the app or email) available prior to arriving at the LMU Drive gate. Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Staff who are working remotely will receive an email later today inviting them to sign-up to visit campus to pick-up items from their office and/or workspace. We plan to offer staff access periods several times during the fall semester.
Faculty Campus Access
The LMU Faculty Campus Access table shares further instruction for faculty requiring access within one of the following four scenarios:
- One-Time Drop-Off or Pick-Up: Faculty member needs to access their office once.
- Require Access for a Timespan: Faculty member requires recurring campus access for a specific duration of time.
- Faculty with Private Office: Faculty member wishes to consistently utilize their private office beginning August 1.
- Teaching Space: Faculty member requires on-campus teaching space other than their private office in order to conduct fall instruction.
Please refer to the table for further details on obtaining campus access, guidelines, and public health requirements during your time on campus.
LMU Drive Road Construction
For those approved to be on campus, beginning Monday, July 27, road construction will occur on LMU Drive. Only the right lane will be open from Monday through Thursday, which may result in delays. Please abide by all traffic signs and drive slowly through the work zone.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Campus Operations Status
Exposure or Confirmed COVID Positive
If you reside or work on campus and have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are currently being tested, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at 310.338.2893. This is to ensure LMU can provide you with support, take the necessary precautions to limit exposure on campus, and provide guidance for those affected by COVID-19.
Support Resources and Services
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check LMU's Reopening Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.