Daily Update with Travel Reminders and Faculty Training Reminder
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. While there are still no confirmed or suspected cases of coronavirus at LMU, this remains a rapidly developing situation. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website for the latest information and guidance.
- Faculty and staff should consult their department heads to review whether domestic travel should be rescheduled or postponed on a case-by-case basis, informed by reports of coronavirus spread in specific U.S. regions.
- The university discourages students on spring break from traveling internationally or to currently impacted regions.
- All students, faculty, and staff who have returned or will return to the U.S. from countries with a Level 2 or Level 3 Travel Health Notice from the CDC are not permitted to return to campus for 14 days. Currently, this includes China (Level 3), Iran (Level 3), Italy (Level 3), South Korea (Level 3), and Japan (Level 2), subject to daily changes in CDC risk assessments. We recommend checking the CDC website for an updated list of Travel Health Notices. Supervisors and employees should contact Human Resources for further guidance or information as appropriate. Students should contact the Dean of Students office at 310.338.3756 or via email.
- The university discourages community members from coming into contact with travelers who return from Level 2 or 3 countries for 14 days.
- Next week LMU Loyola Law School will observe a modified class schedule while they perform a limited trial of their online learning capacity. This is a proactive exercise as part of LMU’s ongoing preparedness efforts.
- From March 10-13 the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) and the Instructional Technology team will partner to offer a Faculty Hub for online teaching support. Training will be provided to Westchester faculty in the event LMU needs to move to fully online instruction in the coming weeks.