Community Advisory 05.08.2020
LMU continues to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working diligently to safeguard the safety and well-being of our community. Please visit LMU’s Coronavirus Website (Accessible; En Español) for the latest information.
On May 6, the L.A. County Department of Public Health announced their Roadmap to Recovery, a phased approach to reopening safely. Stage Two of this plan begins today, May 8, and includes reopening low-risk businesses, such as: florists, specific retailers, car dealerships, golf courses, and trails. These changes do not apply to LMU’s campuses, which remain closed. Colleges and universities fall under Stage Three, and are not yet permitted to reopen.
LMU continues to abide by state, county, and city public health mandates:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, essential personnel, and permanent residents from our religious communities.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
Stay Safe, Stay Informed | Update Your LMU Alert and Rave Contact Information
Can we reach you in an emergency? It is critical for you to keep your contact information current in LMU Alert and Rave Guardian, including an alternate email address and phone number. LMU utilizes these services to send critical emergency alerts, including timely pandemic-related updates. Rave Guardian allows you to report incidents, text anonymously with Public Safety, and utilize the “Watch Me Walk” feature to get home safely. For instructions on updating contact information, please visit LMU Alert and Rave Guardian.
- Faculty and Staff to Remain Home Through May 30 with New Leave Options
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Working Through COVID-19 | Important Information from Human Resources
- Keep Teaching Wherever You Are | Important Information from ITS
- Campus Operations Status
Department of Public Safety Available 24/7
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Campus Ministry – email@example.com (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310 338 2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.
En Español Via Google Translate