Changes to LMU Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
May 18, 2023
LMU no longer requires COVID-19 vaccinations for students, faculty, or staff. This change is aligned with guidance from public health authorities and applies to the original dose and subsequent boosters(s) (state and federal recommendations).
Please note the following exceptions, reminders, and protocols:
- Please respect other community member’s choices, including those who continue to wear masks or those who remain up to date on vaccinations.
- Those working in health care settings, including Student Health Services and Student Psychological Services must continue wearing masks and remain up to date on vaccinations (per federal and county orders for health care workers).
- LMU recommends that students, faculty, staff, overnight conference guests, and contractors remain up to date on vaccinations.
- Please note that protocols vary in off-campus settings, so mask wearing and/or vaccinations may be required in health care settings, external student internships, or as required by local restrictions while studying abroad.
- LMU continues to offer free at-home rapid antigen COVID-19 test kits (pickup location and further info available here).
- Per Cal OSHA requirements, LMU continues to provide surgical and N95 masks free of charge to the campus community. Learn more about picking up a free mask on the Westchester and LLS campuses at the LMU Together A-Z Index Face Coverings section.