Update to Faculty and Staff Regarding LMU's Reasonable Accommodation Policy
As the university prepares for the fall semester, Human Resources anticipates that some faculty and staff may prefer to teach or work remotely for various reasons.
Faculty: Faculty schedules are being reviewed and to the extent course scheduling permits and in alignment with pedagogical needs of a given course, assignments will be aligned with modality preferences as submitted in the recent Fall Semester Planning Questionnaire.
Staff: As we prepare to return to our campuses later this summer, supervisors will review options with staff members, and when operationally feasible, will honor staff requests to work remotely.
If faculty or staff are asked to work on campus, but they face health-related concerns or work restrictions that may limit their ability to return, please consult the Reasonable Accommodation Policy for alternative options and guidance. For questions about the policy, the interactive process, or to seek general information about accommodations, please complete the Reasonable Accommodation Inquiry Form and a Human Resources Benefits team member will contact you.
Support Resources: Inquiries should be directed to the HR Benefits team member who corresponds to the first letter of the faculty or staff member’s last name.
- A – J: Deep Malik (Benefits Manager)
- K – Q: Tracie Montgomery (Senior Human Resources Specialist)
- R – Z: Wendy Maximo (Senior Human Resources Specialist)
Sacred Heart Chapel Remains Closed Through June 30
Sacred Heart Chapel remains closed through June 30. More information will be shared with the LMU community about the chapel’s reopening as soon as is feasible. Until then, the community will continue to gather in the sacred, virtual space via Zoom on Sundays for the celebration of the Liturgy of the Word. We look forward to Zooming with you as we celebrate the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity on June 7. Please register here.
LMU continues to align with guidance from public health authorities:
- Campuses remain closed, with the exception of resident students, permanent residents, and essential personnel.
- Anyone approved to access campus must wear a face covering at all times and prior to entering campus entrances.
- Campus residents who experience signs of illness should call their healthcare provider and then inform Public Safety at 310.338.2893. They must also follow all instructions to self-isolate.
- Essential personnel who experience signs of illness may not enter our campuses. They must contact their healthcare provider and follow their instructions.
- Campus Access Guidelines
- Vendor Campus Access Guidelines
- Campus Access Restrictions
- Working Through COVID-19 | Important Information from Human Resources
- Keep Teaching Wherever You Are | Important Information from ITS
- Campus Operations Status
Please note the university has resources and services available to support and assist our community:
- Student Health Services – 310.338.2881 (students)
- Community of Care – email@example.com (students)
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- Office for International Students and Scholars – OISS@lmu.edu (students)
- Public Safety – 310.338.2893
- Student Psychological Services – 310.338.2868 (students)
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality – email@example.com (faculty and staff)
- Employee Assistance Program – (faculty and staff)
- Human Resources – 310 338 2723 (faculty and staff)
- Parent and Family Programs (parents)
Please continue to check the Coronavirus Website and FAQs to answer any questions you may have. If you cannot answer your question there or if there is other information you would like to see in our advisories, please complete this form.