Spring Semester Reminders and Updates
Dear LMU Community:
As previously announced, I look forward to welcoming you back for in-person instruction on Monday, Jan. 24. To safeguard our community, please review the following updates and reminders:
Vaccinations and Testing
LMU requires that eligible community members obtain their COVID-19 booster within one month of eligibility. Upload your booster record in VaxLMU using your phone or tablet before Jan. 24 (or within one month of eligibility if you are not yet eligible), unless you have a medical or religious exemption. The CDC has classified those who are boosted as “up to date” in their vaccination status and LA County Public Health has issued new quarantine and isolation protocols for those who are up-to-date, vaccinated but not up-to-date, and unvaccinated. Being boosted gives you the best opportunity to minimize disruption in your education or work. For example, if you are exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 but not up-to-date, you are required to quarantine for five days. You can avoid this scenario if you are boosted. Please note:
- Boost. Upload. Win! Students, get your booster and upload documentation to VaxLMU before Jan. 24 and we will enter you in a drawing to win a $500 Visa gift card or one of five $100 Visa gift cards. Do your part to #ProtectThePride.
- Campus Access Testing Requirement and Upload: We are requiring that all students produce a negative COVID-19 test (48 hours for a PCR test and 24 hours for a rapid test) or attest to having had COVID-19 in the last 90 days prior to accessing campus. At-home tests will be accepted. Please submit a photo of your negative test results. Upload your negative test results or complete your attestation here.
- LMU Vaccination Clinic Reopens: We are reopening our Westchester Campus Vaccine Center on Jan. 20 and Jan. 21 so LMU and LLS students, faculty, staff, and contractors can get boosted. Appointments are required (make an appointment or learn more).
New Mask Requirement
We now require faculty and staff wear a surgical or medical grade mask while on campus or working for LMU off-campus, per L.A. County Health Officer Order. You may obtain your own masks or request masks from the university.
- Faculty and staff on the Westchester Campus may request a surgical or N95 mask from Environmental Health and Safety online.
- Students on the Westchester Campus (and faculty, staff, and visitors) may obtain surgical masks in Malone, VDA, University Hall, Public Safety, Burns Rec Center and William H. Hannon Library beginning on Jan. 24. LMU resident students may also obtain surgical masks in their residence halls.
- LLS Campus Community members may obtain masks at the Information Center. Additional options for students will be announced soon.
Though our campuses have remained fully open, we temporarily offered limited services due to the Omicron surge. The William H. Hannon Library, Dining Services, and the Burns Recreation Center will reopen on Monday, Jan. 24 to students, faculty, and staff for normal business hours.
To support in-person instruction while minimizing community spread in our early stages of transitioning back, we encourage virtual meetings and remote work wherever possible through the end of the month. Please consult with your supervisors and managers to determine work schedules and office coverage. Human Resources will soon provide additional guidance about the implementation of the university’s new policies related to hybrid and remote work.
While indoor events may be scheduled, we also recommend limiting events with food and planning outdoor events whenever possible.
As always, please review these resources for more specific information:
- The most commonly asked questions are answered on our spring 2022 FAQs and our Need-to-Know A-Z on the LMU Together website;
- For inquiries about a particular class or coursework, please contact your faculty member or academic advisor directly;
- LMU’s travel guidelines are available to review if you have any questions;
- International students should contact the Office for International Students
- Our COVID Support Team and Human Resources continue updating
- If you do not see your question answered above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a representative will assist you.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we resume in-person instruction and the world-class educational experience for which we are known. We will continue to monitor our progress and align with guidance from public health authorities. Please be on the lookout for future updates and remain healthy and safe.
Thomas Poon, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President and Provost