A Message to LMU Faculty and Staff: Honoring Your Resilience
We echo President Snyder’s message on Tuesday and assure you that your safety, health, and well-being drive our actions and decisions. While we continue to monitor and adapt to quickly developing circumstances related to COVID-19, we thank you for the essential roles you play in supporting our academic excellence, our operations, and our students.
We appreciate your calmness, professionalism, and resilience during these uncertain times. Though COVID-19 presents unprecedented challenges for society, for higher education, and for our own community, we are confident that we will continue to navigate these waters together in the LMU way: with our mission and values to guide us.
- There are currently no cases of COVID-19 at LMU. Our Community Advisories will provide updates on COVID-19 tests taken by community members as appropriate. L.A. County Public Health indicates that our community risk factors remain low.
- Please visit our COVID-19 Website often for the latest updates and changes.
- Our campuses remain open and operational.
- The LMU Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is in constant contact with university leaders to provide updates and recommend policies that are responsive to rapidly changing circumstances. As you may be aware, many colleges and universities are making similar decisions. Please exercise patience and flexibility as we work together to de-escalate fear and tensions. We will continue to have more questions than answers, and that is normal in times of crisis.
- Please consult your supervisor with immediate questions related to your work or department. You may also share comments and feedback through our Coronavirus Response Form. Response times may be delayed due to high volume, so we appreciate your understanding as we research and address your concerns with thought and care.
- If you feel sick, please remain home until you are symptom-free. Please consult your supervisor or program chair/director for guidance on working from home options as appropriate. HR is also available for guidance
We will continue exploring precautionary measures to reduce exposure and mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. As we navigate uncharted territory, we will continue standing together as companions in mission. Our trust in each other and in LMU will see us through these temporary trials, and with your creativity and persistence, our community will be stronger.
Thomas Poon, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President and Provost
Lynne B. Scarboro
Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer