Phased Reopening of Westchester Campus
On March 8, LMU began a staged, limited reopening of specific campus resources in alignment with updated guidelines for higher education from the L.A. County Department of Public Health. The university continues to advocate for further easing of restrictions beyond what we highlight below. Access to specific areas of campus will be by reservation only.
All those approved for campus access must adhere to all campus guidelines, including the following:
- Facial Coverings and Physical Distancing: Face coverings and physical distancing will be required at all times on campus. All community members must submit a Lion Health Check via the Rave Guardian app before arriving on campus.
- Building Access: Building access is restricted to those who have a pre-approved activity. All other access is prohibited except for restroom use.
- Dining: Dining options are limited. Please check the LMU Dining schedule for up-to-date hours of operation.
- Parking: If your car is registered with LMU parking, you do not need to pay for parking during your visit. (If your car is not registered, please visit MYLMU >> Accounts & Tech >> LMU Park to register your vehicle).
- Student Housing Facilities: For the safety of our residential community, guests and visitors are not permitted in student housing facilities.
Please review the full list of campus guidelines. Campus access is only available via the LMU Drive gate, off Lincoln Blvd. The Loyola Blvd. entrance reopens on June 1 to LMU staff, faculty, and students with approved campus access only -- you must scan your OneCard for entry via the Loyola gate.
Effective immediately, all registered students are permitted to enter campus without a reservation via OneCard tap at the front gate during business hours, Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. Specific campus activities, including use of William H. Hannon Library and Mass still require advance reservations, per LACDPH health and safety mandates. You may register for each activity via their respective drop down, below.
Please be advised building access is restricted to those who work on campus, are taking in-person classes, or are completing a pre-approved activity. Dining options are limited, and visitors are prohibited in on-campus residences. Campus access guidelines (including parking instructions) and safety protocols will be sent to all registered students in a separate email. Students are expected to review and abide by all campus access guidelines, including but not limited to wearing a mask at all times, remaining 6 feet from others, and completing the Lion Health Check prior to coming on campus.
The library is currently open to students, faculty, and staff with campus access. Reservations are available for study spaces and book stack browsing on Levels 2 and 3, and computers and printing on Level 1. Find more information and make a reservation here.
Sacred Heart Chapel will reopen for Mass beginning Sunday, March 28.
Because capacity remains limited, Mass is reserved for students and residential staff and faculty only as this time. LMU will continue to notify the larger community as capacity can be increased.
Attendance is by registration only; registration closes (2) days prior to the event. Students and resident staff/faculty may register here.
Campus Recreation is excited to offer all LMU students access to the Burns Recreation Pool beginning June 1-July 31. Students will need to show their LMU OneCard at the pool entrance gate.
For more information regarding hours of operation and social distancing policies, please visit the BRC website.