Responsive Actions (2.20.19)
- A replacement alert system has been identified which will provide additional ease of use and enable faster distribution of messaging across multiple platforms. DPS is collaborating with LMU Information Technology Services to install, test, and implement the replacement system by the start of the Fall 2019 semester.
- Ongoing discussions are being conducted at bi-weekly DPS staff meetings to reaffirm the importance of and management support of sending immediate notifications.
- DPS is ensuring that all personnel are in possession of their current credentials as well as having quick user guides accessible, including wallet card instructions for use of the system.
- DPS has incorporated practice drills for staff into bi-weekly DPS staff meetings including discussion and practicing responses to randomly selected campus emergency scenarios and composing and sending test alerts.
- LMU alerts successfully sent since 12.27.18 include:
- Campus power outage (12.27.18)
- Campus power restored (12.27.18)
- LAPD responding to a call on campus. No safety threat at this time. (1.5.19)
- LAPD has indicated "all clear." (Follow up to previous alert) (1.5.19)
- An internal review of campus safety leadership structure, staff, staffing levels, training and emergency preparedness is currently underway.
- LMU Marketing and Communications has hired the newly created position of communications manager for Campus Operations. This position will lead, coordinate, and disseminate strategic communications in support of campus safety and leads internal communications training, protocols and efforts. This position will develop a culture of proactive communications preparedness for all DPS staff responsible for sending emergency alerts.
- The search for new campus safety leadership is currently underway.