Part-Time Faculty Orientation I
Event date: Friday, August 09, 2013, from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: CTE - UNH 3030
To help part-time faculty become successful teachers at LMU who contribute to LMU’s goal of academic excellence, the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) organizes an orientation for new part-time faculty.
During the new-faculty orientation, we will be covering topics such as
- LMU’s History and Mission
- LMU's Students
- Getting Ready for Class – Course Development, Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Academic Rules and Procedures at LMU – Syllabus, Grading, Academic Honesty, Course Evaluations, ...
- FERPA, What, Why, and How – Federal Law: Record Privacy and Security, PROWL
- MYLMUConnect (Blackboard) – Communication, Collaboration, Document Sharing, Assessment, ...
The orientation will include a lunch during which you will have the opportunity to meet representatives from several LMU offices that can support you in your teaching:
Breakfast and light refreshments are available during the morning.
- Academic Resource Center
- Center for Service and Action
- Disability Support Services
- First Year Experience
- Hannon Library
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Public Safety
- Student Athletic Academic Services
- Student Psychological Services
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or x85866.