Services + Programs
In addition to the security, safety, emergency preparedness, traffic and parking management on campus, the Department of Public Safety offers the LMU community a wide variety of services including:
- Safety Seminars: We offer the community a variety of seminars, which include disaster preparedness, theft prevention, rape prevention, and campus safety.
- Lost and Found Service: We maintain the lost and found program. To report or claim lost items you can visit Lost & Found web site or stop by our offices located in Foley Annex during Lost and Found office hours. Click here for Lost & Found office hours.
- Engraving Program: We offer materials, engraving equipment, and advice on engraving personal property for theft prevention.
- Safe Ride Home Program: This DPS sponsored program offers students who live off campus a ride home when they feel threatened or their car has broken down on campus. This program is not designed to be a taxi service, but rather an option for students in a time of need.
- Student Escort Service: We offer students a safe walk from one point to another on campus. The student escort service is available during evening hours. If students, employees, or guests need an escort during the other hours of the day, the DPS will gladly be of assistance.
- Ride Along Program: We offer community members the opportunity to "ride-along" with Public Safety to learn how we go about the business of protecting the LMU community.
- Vehicle Assistance: We can jumpstart your vehicle's battery or retrieve your keys if you happen to lock them inside [Not available for all vehicle models]. If your vehicle requires more complex service, we can help you contact AAA or another tow service.
- Student Housing Lockouts: If you are a resident student and you lock yourself out of your dorm or apartment after business hours(5:00p.m. – 8:00am), on weekends or holidays, Public Safety can assist you get back in your residence, stop by our offices located in Foley Annex for assistance. If you lock yourself out during business hours (M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), you can gain access by going to the Housing Office located in Leavey 6 to pick up a spare key or temporary One Card.
- Emergency Preparedness: Please click here for full program information.
To learn more about our programs or to take advantage of our services, please call us at 310.338.2893 or stop by our offices in Foley Annex.