Theme 1 Metrics
Theme 1 – Excellence in Transformative Undergraduate Education
Metrics Readily Available:
Student enrollments, disaggregated by gender, ethnicity, economic background, geographic origin, religion, and first generation status.
- Student ratings of rigor and academic challenge (from course evaluations and NSSE).
- Academic profile of incoming undergraduate students (high school GPA, standardized test scores).
- Student retention and graduation rates, disaggregated by gender, ethnicity, economic background, geographic origin, religion, and first generation status.
- University level assessments of relevant learning outcomes.
- Size of endowment designated for student grants and scholarships
- Average amount of unmet financial need per student.
- Percentage of lower division courses taught by full-time faculty.
Metrics Available with Some Effort:
- Number of students participating in engaged learning experiences, such as internships, international experiences, independent research, and community-based learning/research.
- Post-graduate job placements.
- Proportion of students who enroll in post-graduate education.
- Increased numbers of students who apply for and win post-graduate fellowships and scholarship awards.