Hurricane Sandy Relief
Join the LMU Community as we stand with the millions affected by Hurricane Sandy. The devastation is widespread and the magnitude of the damage will require many months of assistance and recovery. The resources below highlight ways to actively engage and support LMU's relief efforts.
Community members are encouraged to take an active role with donations to assist evacuees and the many others in need. We have identified the organizations below as mobilizing resources that provide shelter, food and medicine among other vital recovery resources.
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross
- Text SANDY to 80088 to give $10 to Global Giving
- Text AID to 50555 to give $10 to Operation USA
- Text RESPOND to 50555 to give $10 to Church World Service
- Text CONVOY to 50555 to give $10 to Convoy of Hope
- Text BLESS to 50555 to give $10 to Operation Blessing International
** The mobile text donation campaigns are provided courtesy of the mGive Foundation. mGive ensures mobile campaigns are legitimate sources to text. In cooperation with U.S. carriers, 100% of the proceeds go directly to the nonprofit organizations.
Additional Resources and Information
Prayer Service for Hurricane Sandy Victims
Special prayers will be offered at all Sunday Masses. Campus Ministry is also sponsoring the gatherings below to remember and pray for the victims of Hurricane Sandy on Sunday, November 4, 2012:
- 8 p.m. - Mass in Sacred Heart Chapel (including a special collection for victims relief)
- 9 p.m. - Candlelight Procession from the steps of Sacred Heart to Regents' Terrace
- 9:15 p.m. - Interfaith Prayer Service for the victims