PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE FLU AND OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
- Wash your hands often. When soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based disposable hand wash or gel sanitizers.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, NOT your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay away from other people as much as possible.
- If you are sick, stay home, get plenty of rest, and check with your doctor.
- Get the annual flu shot.
Need a flu shot?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), seasonal flu activity can start as early as October and continue to occur as late as May. Contact Student Health Services or LA County Department of Public Health for information on how you can get a FREE or low-cost flu shot.
Tips courtesy of the LA County Department of Public Health. For more information on flu in LA County, click here.