PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE FLU AND OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
- Wash your hands often. When soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based disposable hand wash or gel sanitizers.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, NOT your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay away from other people as much as possible.
- If you are sick, stay home, get plenty of rest, and check with your doctor.
- Get the annual flu shot.
Tips courtesy of the LA County Department of Public Health. For more information on flu in LA County, click here.