Mathematics, Secondary Teacher Preparation Program with a 2042 Preliminary Teaching CredentialLower Division Curriculum for the Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics, Secondary Teacher Preparation Program with a 2042 Preliminary Teaching Credential
- The Bachelor of Arts with a major in Mathematics is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching mathematics at the secondary (i.e., middle or high school) level.
- Students complete the requirements for the academic major and additionally may fulfill requirements leading to the 2042 California Preliminary Single Subject (Secondary) Teaching Credential.
- Students interested in this major should follow the lower division curriculum below and contact Tom Gutto at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Students may transfer coursework in fulfillment of University Core (General Education) and lower division major requirements as designated below.
|LMU LOWER DIVISION REQUIREMENTS||L. A. CITY COLLEGE COURSE|
|MATH 131: Calculus I||MATH 261: Calculus I|
|MATH 132: Calculus II||MATH 262: Calculus II|
|MATH 190: Workshop in Math I||No course equivalency|
|MATH 191: Workshop in Math II||No course equivalency|
|MATH 234: Calculus III||MATH 263: Calculus III|
|MATH 245: Ordinary Differential Equations||MATH 275: Ordinary Differential Equations|
|MATH 248: Introduction to Methods of Proof||No course equivalency|
|MATH 250: Linear Algebra||MATH 270: Linear Algebra|
|MATH 282: Elementary Numerical Methods||No course equivalency|
|MATH 293: Field Experience||No course equivalency|
Choose one course:
• CMSI 185: Computer Programming
• CMSI 281: Data Structures
• PHYS 101: Introduction to Mechanics
• PHYS 201: Introduction to Electricity and Magnetism
|Choose one course:
• CO SCI 138: Advanced Visual BASIC Programming
• CO SCI 136: Introduction to Data Structures
• PHYSICS 101: Physics for Engineers and Scientists I
• PHYSICS 102: Physics for Engineers and Scientists II
|LMU||L.A. CITY COLLEGE|