> Loyola Marymount University > LMU.EDU Resources > Transfer Credit & Articulation


Tool Box


Print  print

RSS Feed  RSS feed

Email  email  

Bookmark and Share  share

Transfer Credit & Articulation

LMU policies regarding transfer credit may vary slightly among the individual colleges and majors, depending upon degree requirements. In general, courses comparable in content and depth with those in the LMU curriculum will transfer.

Transfer Agreements
Transfer agreements are designed to identify for students courses that apply towards a Loyola Marymount University degree program. Each agreement is divided into three sections: University Core Requirements, Lower Division Major Requirements and Transfer Summary.

International Transfer Credit
LMU may award transfer credit for international coursework. Courses completed at non-U.S. institutions of higher education must be documented on an official academic record from an international institution recognized by the Ministry or Department of Education of that country. Visit our Admission website for information about LMU Foreign Equivalencies.

Existing Histories
The Existing Histories database can be accessed to see how courses from schools with no LMU Transfer Agreement have transferred in the past.  Since these are not part of a Transfer Agreement, they may not necessarily transfer as indicated.

Articulation Officers and Faculty

Articulation Officers, Transfer Advisors, and Faculty may view LMU's Transfer Agreements. Please direct all inquiries regarding the information contained in these agreements to the Transfer Articulation Officer, Alice Gandara.


Prospective Students

College students enrolled at accredited institutions can plan for their future at LMU by following the information provided in the transfer agreements and meeting our transfer application requirements. Please contact Tom Gutto, Director of Transfer Services.


LMU Students

LMU students interested in taking courses at another institution must obtain written approval from their Associate Dean's Office using a Transfer Course Approval  form prior to enrollment in such courses. Students must then submit this form to the Office of the Registrar.