A Book Launch and Reading with Jeff Dietrich and Martin Sheen
Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:00 PM
Reception and Book Signing Marymount Institute, Suite 3000
With music by Logan Metz and Lincoln Mendell
To RSVP, and for further information on the event, and how to order books,
contact Ivie Arasomwan, Administrative Assistant at:
email@example.com | 310-258-8862
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly Mass in the Meditation Center - 12:10 pm in the interdenominational Marymount Center for Prayer and Peace (University Hall, Suite 3003).
- Weekly Roman Catholic Mass every Tuesday during convocation hour, different presiders, all faiths welcome.
- LMU Meditation Group with Paul Humphreys - This meditation group is led on Monday afternoons from 4-5 pm and on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7-7:50 am in the interfaith Marymount Center for Prayer and Peace (University Hall, Suite 3003).
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, suitable for sitting in either a cross-legged or cushion-supported kneeling posture. Sitting in a chair is also possible; individuals in this case are encouraged to sit forward with back erect and self-supported. Both cushions and chairs will be available. Each session includes sitting and walking meditation. Beginners instruction is available on Thursdays by arrangement in advance.
- For more information, please call 310.338.7432.
Artist-in-Residence Awarded to Will Pupa for 2007-2008
We are proud to announce the Artist-in-Residence Will Pupa for the Marymount Institute for Faith, Culture and the Arts. Will Pupa has recently finished a sculpture called The Nine Muses
, which is the centerpiece of the Margaret R. Bove Meditation and Sculpture Garden.
Inaugural President’s Marymount Institute Professor in Residence is Wole Soyinka, Nobel Laureate and Acclaimed Author
Professor Wole Soyinka is a Nigerian born Nobel Laureate, acclaimed writer, social critic and activist.