First Day of Class
Taxonomies for Learning
- Discipline-Specific Standards:
- AAC&U's Liberal Education & America's Promise (LEAP):
National initiative that champions the importance of a twenty-first-century liberal education for individual students and for a nation in a globalized world.
- AAC&U's The Essential Learning Outcomes (ELO):
Vision and national benchmarks for college learning and liberal education.
- Lumina Foundation's Degree Qualifications Profile (DQP):
Learning outcomes that benchmark the associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Lumina Foundation's Tuning Educational Structures USA (Turning):
What a student should know and be able to do in a chosen discipline at an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s level.
- AAC&U's Value Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education (VALUE):
Foundation for using VALUE rubrics to assess student authentic work, create protocols and parameters for a scale-able VALUE assessment and processes for reporting the results of using the VALUE rubrics,
- AAC&U's Quality Collaboratives (QC):
Integration of multiple meanings of student success by combining commonly used persistence and completion metrics with demonstrated competency metrics. Recommendations about transfer policy and practice.
Teaching Self Assessment Tools
Student Judicial Affairs and Support Services
Student Use of Mobile Devices
New Faculty Orientations
Also see the Faculty Resources
website, in particular the Faculty Resource Guide