Why participate in UROP?
Undergraduate research and creative activities are integral components of a top tier education.GOALS OF UROP:
- To help students establish closer relationships and interactions with faculty outside the classroom.
- To provide opportunities for students in all disciplines to be active learners.
- To teach students the elements of the research process by engaging them in a research project.
- To help students to develop critical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- To increase students' opportunities for post-graduate Fellowships, careers in research, and other study.
- To help students develop self-confidence as independent and innovative thinkers.
- To help students grow ethically in their understanding of and responsibility to contribute to the world in which we live.