Honors Research Fellowship Semester
The Honors Program can provide funds for students who wish to conduct research activities
during the academic school year. An Honors Research Fellowship Semester provides financial
support for Honors students who wish to engage in faculty-mentored research and creative
activities on a per-semester or -term basis.
Honors Research Fellowship Semester Grant Highlights
- Applicants are ideally eligible for work study or T work; additional or supplementary funds
may be available based on proposal quality and merit
- The grant funds time spent doing the work, at an hourly rate that is commensurate with
university research assistants for a maximum of 15 hours per week for 15 weeks
(i.e., one semester)
- Relevant information includes a description of the project, a recommendation from the
faculty mentor, and estimated cost (for items other than time spent working on the project)
- Deadlines: Proposals must be submitted before the end of the second
week of the funded semester.
To apply for the Honors Research Fellowship Semester Grant, you must
complete the following form and submit the following items:
- A description of your project, with a specific mention of what will be done during the paid time
- A letter of endorsement from your faculty advisor, emailed to email@example.com.
This letter should:
- Signify faculty approval for the student to engage in this research under his or her guidance
- Describe the significance of the project for the student and how it relates to the faculty member's own work
If your proposal is funded, you are expected to present your work at either the ACE Honors Showcase
(fall semester), the LMU Undergraduate Research Symposium (including This is Honors; spring semester),
or any broader conference, publication, or venue appropriate to your work. For the latter, you may apply
for an Honors
Ambassadorial Grant to defray expenses involved with that presentation.
Upon submission, your proposal will be reviewed and you will be contacted directly about the results of this review.