Honors students sign an Honors Compact
, an agreement outlining the requirements and responsibilities of participating in Honors. These include the Honors Core, completing a senior thesis or capstone project, and attending a variety of events sponsored by the program. You must also maintain a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA
in order to remain eligible for the Honors Program.
Honors students do not
take the University Core. Instead, they enroll in a series of interdisciplinary seminars, designed to challenge and invigorate students intellectually. Here are some advantages to the Honors Core:
- Honors students take fewer core classes than they would if they were to complete the University Core.
- Research is an integral part of the curriculum throughout all four years.
- Professional development and leadership skills are part of the Honors experience.
- Students can study abroad easily.
- You can experience truly unique courses only offered by the University Honors Program at LMU.
Click here for a full listing of the requirements.