- Study Abroad participants are expected to adhere to all LMU Policies and Procedures on Student Behavior as outlined in the LMU Student Conduct Code located in the LMU Community Standards booklet.
- Students will be required to read and sign all necessary forms and documents provided by Study Abroad.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to know all application and financial deadlines and to notify parents or sponsors of this information. It is also the responsibility of the student to complete each component of the process by the relevant deadlines.
- The Study Abroad Office will confirm all students have clearance from Judicial Affairs before approving them for the program. Students currently on disciplinary probation may be restricted from participating in Study Abroad programs.
- Students will forfeit all costs if they are expelled from a Study Abroad Program.
- Application fees and commitment deposits are nonrefundable and do not guarantee acceptance into a program.
- Each program has limited space and can be filled before the application due date. When all spaces are filled, students might be placed on a waiting list.
- As a part of the application process, students must obtain financial clearance from LMU’s Student Accounts Office. If a student needs financial aid for a Study Abroad program, arrangements should be made with the Financial Aid Office.
- The program fee remains the same, whether or not a student takes the maximum allowed number of credits and/or audits any classes.
- Students participating in Study Abroad programs are required to have accident and sickness insurance that will cover them overseas. Proof of insurance (a copy of the insurance card) is required.
- Students must attend a pre-departure orientation and a health and safety meeting.
Semester Program Cancellation Policy
If a student must cancel for any reason, they must do so in writing. Students should note that Loyola Marymount University incurs certain financial and contractual obligations overseas once a student accepts a place in one of our study abroad programs.
Students should not consider that a refund is automatic and/or possible, but should confer with the LMU Study Abroad Office regarding any recoverable costs for the program.