Social Media Questionairre
LMU Social Media Questionnaire
Web, New Media and Design June 2012
- Who is our target audience?
- What are we trying to achieve?
- What behaviors or outcomes are we trying to reinforce?
- Which social media outlets are we utilizing and why? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each outlet?
- How is social media integrated into our approaches and strategies with other digital communications channels (web, email, mobile, etc.).
- How are we using data metrics to inform our decisions and/or performance?
- How willing are we to have a public, unfiltered conversation?
- How far are we willing to go to give an honest assessment of our campus experience?
- What elements of our student experience are not reflected on our website or other materials? Fun vs. academic rigor? Community involvement? Our mission and values?
- What skeletons are in our closet that we know social media could discover?
- What will we/can we do if someone oversteps their bounds?
- Who holds the responsibility for monitoring your social media presence?
- What are the procedures for identifying and communicating questionable posts?
- Who (or what committee) holds responsibility for determining a course of action?
- What are the guidelines used for determining if a response is warranted?
- Who will follow up?
- How do we know if we are successful?
o Adherence to existing university policies (web and other)
o Copyright/Fair Use Policies
o FERPA, HIPAA, NCAA
o Terms of Service Agreements
o Graphic Identity Policies
o Computer/Internet Usage Policies
Advanced Users : Use the image/link below for further exploration of social media strategy.