PROWL is a secure web-based, self-service tool which the LMU Community uses to access academic records, registration information, student accounts, and other University services.
PROWL allows a student to:
- Update bio-demographic and view information (such as addresses and phone numbers, etc.)
- Register for classes
- Generate real-time degree audits known as CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning
- Generate “What-If” situations like “what if I added a minor or, added a second major”, etc.
- View mid-term and final grade
- Request enrollment verification
- Request official transcripts
View records, requests transcripts, and maintain contact information even after leaving LMU. PROWL accounts are life-accounts and are never deactivated. Alumni and former students may request transcripts, view records, and maintain correct contact information after leaving LMU.
How does PROWL work?
PROWL accounts are protected with a user ID and PIN (Personal Identification Number). A student should NEVER SHARE either of these two numbers with anyone else. These are the keys to protect the student information.
When admitted, a student receives 9-digit University ID (all of which begin with the number 9) and it is the University ID which a student uses to access PROWL. (Social Security Numbers can also be used if the student supplied that number during Admission.)
- The PIN default is either the six-digit birth date (MMDDYY) or the last six digits of the user ID. The first time user will first be prompted to change the PIN and either chooses a security question and answer or enter one’s own security question and answer.
- The next screen is where a student can designate the race/ethnicity. The choice of a code is not mandatory but clicking through this screen is. After a choice/no choice is made, the Registration Menu is the next screen.
Continuing Student Use
A student continues to access the system with the University ID and chosen PIN. If a student forgets the PIN, there is a prompt (Forgot PIN?) which will present the security question designated at previous use. The correct answer will allow for the PIN to be reset.
After a few minutes of inactivity, PROWL will require the user to resubmit the user ID and PIN. This is a security feature to protect the confidentiality of student record.
PROWL is disabled after three invalid attempts at login. If PROWL is disabled, contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
PROWL assistance and training is offered by the Office of the Registrar to all members of the LMU community. Computers are available during office hours in the lobby of the Office of the Registrar for PROWL access.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or higher
- Safari 3.1.x or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2.x or higher
- Google Chrome