Los Angeles Valley College
Loyola Marymount University and Los Angeles Valley College
The transfer agreements listed below are specific to the year that they were implemented between schools. Each agreement is divided into three sections:
- Transferable Courses: View this section for courses that are transferable to LMU. Highlighted courses fulfill core and/or lower division major requirements.
- University Core Requirements: View this section for courses from your school that will fulfill core (general education) requirements. Multiple course equivalencies (e.g., ART 10 + 11) indicate that it is necessary to take both courses in order to fulfill the core requirement.
- Lower Division Major Requirements: View this section for courses that fulfill lower division major requirements for each degree offered at LMU. Multiple course equivalencies (e.g., ART 10 + 11) indicate that it is necessary to take both courses in order to fulfill the core requirement.
- A maximum of 60 semester hours may be transferred from a community college.
- Courses with grades below C (2.0) do not transfer to LMU.
- Students enrolled in a degree program at LMU must obtain prior approval before taking courses at another college.
- Transfer students who enter LMU with sixty (60) accepted transfer hours are exempted from the lower division philosophy requirement and the lower division theological studies requirement
- A maximum of 6 semester hours of tourism/hospitality education courses may be transferred to LMU.
- A maximum of 6 semester hours of physical education courses may be transferred to LMU. The Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts will accept a maximum of 2 semester hours of physical education courses for transfer students only.