Participation in Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is required by all students enrolled in seven (7) or more units. The injury portion is mandatory and may not be waived. However, the sickness portion may be waived if you have comparable coverage. Proof of Comparable coverage must be submitted through the online waiver process each academic year by the enrollment deadlines.
The premium for the Plan will be automatically added to your tuition bill if you are enrolled in seven (7) or more units. If you have comparable coverage and wish to waive sickness coverage under the Plan, you must submit an Online Waiver Form.
Students enrolled in fewer than seven (7) units will not be automatically enrolled in the Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan, but may enroll in the Plan via the link below.
Enrollment or Waive Deadline Dates for Academic Year 2013 / 2014
Fall: October 4, 2013
Spring: January 31, 2014 (for new and transferring students only)
- Go to www.aetnastudenthealth.com
- Type in "Loyola Marymount University" in the white box which says "Find you school"
- Select "Loyola Marymount University/Loyola Law School" from the drop down menu which will appear
- Click on the "Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan" link on the bottom far right-hand side of the page
- Follow instructions provided
Once your waiver has been submitted please check your LMU Lion email account regularly to determine the status of your waiver.
To view more information regarding the insurance coverage, please visit our resources page.