- My Personal Billing Number (PBN)
- My Phone Bill
- Trouble Shooting
- Office Location/Hours The Telephone Billing Office is located in the Campus Business Services Office in the Von Der Ahe Building-lower level. Office hours are Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm (open until 7:00pm on Wed. during the school year.)
(Click here to see a map)
Voice Mail Every resident dorm and apartment comes equipped with voicemail. If a password reset is needed on the voicemail, please contact Information Technology Services at x87777.
Business Services Office - Telephone Billing
ONE LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
Fax: (424) 568-5758
(Detailed Information about voicemail)
MY PERSONAL BILLING NUMBER (PBN)
- What is a PBN? A Personal Billing Number (PBN) is an account number that you use when placing calls. The PBN allows the calls that you make to be linked to you. Only those calls that are made on your PBN will be charged to you. This is a more efficient and more convenient way of billing.
Do I need a PBN? You will need to have a PBN if you wish to make any calls outside of the LMU Campus. Calls within the campus do not require the use of a PBN.
Who gets a PBN? Currently, only on-campus students are issued a PBN.
How do I get a PBN? If you are a new student starting the fall semester you will receive your PBN and SubscriberID in your campus mailbox. If you did not receive any notice from our office, or have misplaced it, you will need to stop in the office to pick one up.
How do I use my PBN?
You use your PBN when making any of the following types of calls:
Type of Call What to Dial Local (within 310/424) 9 + 310 or 424 + Number + PBN Local (outside 310) 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number + PBN Long Distance 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number + PBN International 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Number + PBN Directory Assistance (within 310) 9 + 411 + PBN ($.95 will be charged for each call) Directory Assistance (outside 310) 9 + 1 + Area Code + 5551212 +PBN ($.95 will be charged for each call)
Should I share my PBN with anyone else? No. You should never share your PBN with anyone. Your PBN is your responsibility and you will be required to pay for any and all calls made using your PBN.
What if my PBN is lost or stolen? If your PBN is lost or stolen you must contact the Campus Business Services Office IMMEDIATELY. We will cancel your old PBN and issue you a new one. In order to refute charges made from a lost or stolen PBN, you must file an incident report with Public Safety.
What if my PBN is disconnected? If your PBN has been disconnected it is usually the result of nonpayment. If you have failed to pay your bill by the due date your PBN will be disconnected. There is a $15 fee to reconnect your PBN.
When will I get my bill?
- Your phone bill is processed approximately the 15th of every month. Upon completion you will receive an email via your LION email account (unless you have left the University completely, it is then mailed to your permanent address.) If you have not received an email by the 18th of the month, first check to make sure that your mailbox is not full. If you have set up to have you emails "forwarded" to another email address, make sure that the forwarded address is correct and that the "email@example.com address is not "blocked". If you still have not received an email contact the Campus Business Services Office at x82735.
- The due date for your bill is generally due the day before the next bill processing date (unless otherwise specified on your bill.) All payments must be postmarked by the due date or your PBN will be deactivated and you will be assessed a $15 reconnect fee.
- You can pay your bill with check, VISA/MasterCard, or Flexi Dollars in the Campus Business Services Office. Cash payments are accepted, but must be exact change. Otherwise you may deposit money to your Flexi account, then have payment deducted from your Flexi account. Or you can mail a check to LMU/Campus Business Services. Payments received in the drop box after the office is closed for the day will be processed on the next business day. If you are paying your bill on the due date please bring it into the office.
Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes. Currently you may now pay your phone bill with a credit card or debit card either on-line through the Telephone Billing Web Portal or in person in the Campus Business Services office. To access the telephone web portal go to the LMU telephone billing page. Enter your Username: which is your SubscriberID (this is different from your University ID) and your Password: which is your PBN.
What if I don't pay my bill on time?
Your PBN will be immediately disconnected and a $15 reconnect fee will be assessed if you wish to regain your service. If the bill is still not paid by the second bill cycle, then the outstanding balance is transferred to your Student Account. You then risk a possible "hold" being placed on your Student Account.
The table below has some simple things you can check before you bring your phone in or call the repair service. If you suspect that the problem is with the phone, you must contact the retailer from which you purchased the phone. LMU is not responsible for the telephones. Please call Information Technology Services at x87777 for any line problems.
|No Dial Tone||Is the phone cable plugged securely into both the wall and the phone?||If not, plug both ends in securely. You should hear and feel a click or snap as the cord is inserted into the outlet.|
|No Dial Tone||Is the phone cable damaged or cut?||If yes, you must replace it.|
|No Dial Tone||Is the phone cable plugged into the data jack?||If yes, unplug it from the data jack and plug it into the voice jack.|
|Line Noise or Static||Is the phone cable plugged securely into both the wall and phone?||If not, plug both ends in securely. You should hear and feel a click or snap as the cord is inserted into the outlet.|
|Line Noise or Static||Is the phone cable damaged or cut?||If yes, you must replace it.|
|PBN Does Not Work||Did you mis-key the number?||If yes, try entering your PBN again.|
|PBN Does Not Work||Has your last bill been paid?||If not, you will need to pay your bill to be reconnected and pay a $15 reconnect fee.|