Here is a description of the Ignatian/Jesuit vision:
· It sees life and the whole universe as a gift calling forth wonder and gratefulness.
· It gives ample scope to imagination and emotion as well as intellect.
· It seeks to find the divine in all things – in all peoples and cultures, in all areas of study and learning, in every human experience, and especially in the person of Jesus.
· It cultivates critical awareness of personal and social evil, but points to God’s love as more powerful than any evil.
· It stresses freedom, need for discernment, and responsible action.
· It empowers people to become leaders in service, men and women for others, whole persons of solidarity, building a more just, humane world.